Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dear New Readers...

Dear New Readers,

You don't know me, but my goal is that you soon will. My name is Krys, but I'd much rather you call me by my middle name - Ophelia. And this...well, this is my blog. My sounding board. My space.

Welcome!

The premise for this blog came from three main sources of inspiration; the lovely Shercole whose Minority Weirdos blog keeps me amused and informed with its cool and quirky posts, local music artist Suave who has a new blog for his album The Hip-Hop Soul Revival and who tells me daily that I talk too much not to have a blog, and from my own propensity to randomly write verbal notes to people, places, and things that annoy/ inspire/ peeve/ amuse/ and surprise me on a day-to-day basis, like:

Dear Car Keys,

Why do we have to go through this every morning? I come home at night and put you in the same damn spot; you know the spot - on the desk, next to the pen holder, on top of the notebook. Why am I finding you now in between the couch cushions? Or on the bathroom sink? And what about the time I found you chillin' on the top shelf of the fridge? That wasn't cool.

I don't know if you think you're funny or if you can never quite remember how to get back to your designated place, but, either way, you're getting on my nerves. Stop moving! Stay in your place. And, tomorrow, when I'm ready to leave the house, I'll take you anywhere you want to go.

Love,
Ophelia
I figured that with all the kooky people finding a home somewhere here on the inter-webs, I might just find a nook for my kind of crazy. So click the buttons, follow me on Twitter , and stick around a while! We're gonna have fun!

Love,
Ophelia

No comments:

Post a Comment